Don't let this happen to you!
Let's say your credit card expires and you forget to update your account with the new one. Or you change your email address. Or maybe you just forget to renew your domain. In the blink of an eye, a social engineer or someone close to you could transfer your domain name away without your permission.
When the domain name goes, your website, email account – everything – goes with it!
But there is something you can do to protect yourself: Apply Protected Registration to your most important domain names.†† Should your registration expire for any reason, protected domains will be safe for up to 12 months. No one else can step in and steal them away from you.
Protected Registration is packed with the safeguards and security you need:
- Expiration Protection avoids loss of domain ownership due to credit card expiration, failed billing, outdated contact information – even simple forgetfulness!
- Deadbolt Transfer Protection makes it impossible for MOST transfers to occur – whether inadvertent, accidental or malicious.
- Ownership Protection–Our quarterly email updates help you keep an eye on your domain status.
As a special bonus, Protected Registration includes both Private and Business Registration to keep your personal information hidden while publishing your business info in the WhoIs database!
Your personal information is safe with us.
By having your domain registered with Fundy Hosting and your personal information protected by our affiliate company, domains By Proxy®, you get two unique and powerful layers of security. Private Registration helps you:
- Protect your identity
- Stop domain–related spam
- Block harassers and stalkers
- End data mining
- Maintain your personal and family privacy
- Prevent domain name hijacking
- Shield legitimate business endeavors
Your identity is nobody's business but ours.®
domains By Proxy was launched in 2002 to address one of the biggest shortcomings of the Internet — loss of privacy. In fact, domains By Proxy was the very first Internet WHOIS privacy service, and was created in direct response to consumer demand. Supported by a patented private registration process, domains By Proxy believes that now, more than ever, you should be able to keep your personal contact information private when you register a domain name.